Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Being the Last Born Child...

As a person today, I've definitely been affected by my birth order and place in my family. Aside from being the youngest person in my immediate family, I am also the youngest person in my entire family. In addition to this, all of my cousins are boys and I have more uncles than aunts! This has definitely had a big impact on me and who am I as a person today. The positive aspects of this are: I'm definitely the favorite, I am good at understanding boys because I'm constantly surrounded by them, I have a lot of patience, I'm outgoing, I look up to my brother and cousins, and I make people feel as if they're at home. On the other hand, being the youngest isn't always fun. I sometimes try to grow up too quickly because I want to be just like my brother and cousins. They're allowed to do a lot of different things that I cant do because of my age. Being the youngest definitely causes me to be jealous of the older family members.
In just dealing with my immediate family, my brother and I are 4 years apart but we are extremely close and have a great relationship. We can tell each other anything and we always work with each other, not against each other. He is always there to look out for me and protect me which is really nice, and I love being able to have him to look up to. He has set many examples for me that I follow this day and that I have learned from.
The research I found about being the youngest is somewhat true, because I found that the youngest gets bored very easily, and this is true. I always need somebody to entertain me, and I have a hard time amusing myself on my own. It is also true that I make people feel at home and that I am outgoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment