Thursday, February 10, 2011
Sleep
I think that teens and adults have so much trouble sleeping for many reasons. Personally for me, I know that throughout the day I am very busy and do not have a lot of down time. I do what I need to do, and I do not have a lot of time to think and exercise my thoughts. At night, this is a quiet time when I am able to reflect on the day and this usually is a time when I think of things that are bothering me or upsetting me. It makes it hard for me to fall asleep when I have so much on my mind. A lot of my friends may not be able to fall asleep because of doing stimulating activities that stimulate the brain, such as video-games, checking our e-mails, working late hours, etc. It is hard then to settle down and go to sleep. The same may go for adults. Many adults' brains are constantly stimulated by the duties that they have throughout the day. Being a parent is a 24/7 job that requires parents to sacrifice a lot and exert a lot of energy. Some adults also work late into the night and have to drink caffeine which stimulate your mind. My dad comes home late from work and usually goes right to sleep within two hours of being home, which is probably not a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment