Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bandura Blog


2. In a few sentences, list any and all specificmedia or cultural items that your parents or grandparents think are badinfluences on you, and explain the impact that these items have had on you ifany (i.e. specific types of music, video games, TV, movies, celebrities,specific sites on the internet, etc.)
My grandparents think that video games are a bad influence on my brother and I because they think that they introduce unnecessary insights to violence in our life. They also think that video games turn our brains to mush and that they are not educational. Also, my parents think that some TV shows are bad influences on us because they are inappropriate and things that we shouldn’t be watching or exposed to.


3. Reflect on the people you have imitated over the course of yourlife: family members, friends, or people in the media. Who have your “models” been? Identify and describe specific ideas,attitudes, fashions, habits, ways of thinking, behaving, and speaking that youhave picked up through observational learning. BE SPECIFIC! Writea paragraph with plenty of examples from your own life.
I imitated my brother a lot as a child. Growing up being the youngest person in my family, my brother was the closest in age to me, so I looked up to him. Even though he is four years older than me, we’ve always been very close and had a great relationship. I liked to dress like him and wear baseball hats even though my mom wanted me to wear a cute bow or headband. My brother also used to lisp when he was younger and sometimes when I was very young my parents told me that I lisped after listening to him speak. While I was watching home videos, there was a scene at my cousin’s birthday party where we were all dancing to music. I was 3 and my brother was 7. In the video you see me looking at my brother dancing and trying to imitate the same movements as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment